Saturday, February 6, 2010

A Dreamful of Twitterers

While I can normally go into great details with most of my dreams, I don't think I really can with the latest one I had! My last few dreams have always involved people from Twitter, even if I had never met them but it was always just 3 or 4 of them and no more. However last night was like a Superbowl of Twitter friends in my dream.

The gist of the dream was that we were all working together to either find something or someone, its not all clear really as nothing is ever mentioned throughout the dream and everyone seems to be working very hard at trying to do whatever it is we were doing!

@amylong was sitting on the floor in the hallway, with her back against the wall, next to her was @KeithAMusic on one side, @Juleser on the other and next to @Juleser was @Dakit, their heads down in some books, rifling through them. In the kitchen, at the breakfast counter, @_Murph & @Ray_keogh were doing the same thing, @tynanhooper was opposite them working on something on his laptop and just behind him at the large table was @Dublins98Dave who was working on some experiment or other with a lot of tubes, beakers and Bunsen burner boiling some liquid.

I walked into the sitting room and went over to the fireplace, there was a small statue on the mantel which, when moved to the left, turned the room into a super high tech computer lab just like from Spiderman & His Amazing Friends, if your not sure what the hell I am talking about then check out the intro to the cartoon from the 80s and you will see, also, the theme song was pretty cool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQwNwQIY73U

I was about to start doing some work on the computer when @amylong rushed into the room telling me they found what we were looking for, she grabbed me and started running out into the garden with @KeithAMusic following us. We made our way over to the shed and the 3 of us got in. There is a keypad to the side of the shed door along with a hand print scanner, @amylong punched in a code while I put my hand down to have it scanned. 4 seconds and the floor started moving down like an elevator until we were underground in large laboratory.

We made our way over to one of the desks where @lorrainelarkin was tapping away at a computer, as we got closer she turned to us. She got up from her seat and told us to follow her. We were taken to a small room with a guitar in it, she said that if we used this newly modified guitar, it would give us the answer to what we were looking for. I asked her how it works and she said just like an ordinary guitar, you pick it up and play. @KeithAMusic picked up the guitar and studied it for a bit before getting it into position. He was about to play a chord when @lorrainelarkin quickly grabbed his hand warning him and us that if the wrong tune was played, it would cause the guitar to explode!

I asked her why make a guitar that could explode with the wrong tune and she replied that it was needed for what @amylong had found. I turned to her and she handed me a piece of old parchment, she said that the letters on the parchment were not words but actually musical chords. When played, they would reveal the answers to what we were looking for, which I still don't know as it was never explained in the dream!

All we had to do know was to figure out all the chords on the parchment and then @KeithAMusic could play it. As we discussed how we would go about extracting the chords, @BrianConn walked up behind us telling us that he had just finished inventing a machine that could easily do the job for us and it would only take 10 minutes. So we followed him over to his section and he showed us what looked like a photocopier, he explained that it was a photocopier but he had tweaked it a little bit and added some extra parts, also, it was powered by kryptonite. Before anyone asks me, I have no idea where this came from, my dreams tend to have the most bizarre things in them and most don't make any sense!

Anyway, @BrianConn put the machine in motion and fed in the parchment, we waited the 10 minutes, wondering what it would sound like when we played the chords and how safe the guitar would be, if it was all a trick and if playing it would doom us all. Eventually the machine finished its job and printed out a page of chords, I took it and gave it to @KeithAMusic, he looked at the page and then at the guitar, then back at the page. @KeithAMusic said it looked simple enough so he grabbed the guitar and set himself up to play what was on the piece of paper. Just as he was about to play the first bit on the guitar there was a loud rumbling sound, suddenly the ground started shaking like an earthquake was hitting us, we tried to keep our balance as we looked for some cover.

And then I woke up! Why do some of my dreams just wake me up at the most inopportune time?
Anyway, that's it for now.
Max

1 comment:

  1. If I had been in your dream there would have been a whole lot more nudity.

    ReplyDelete