Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Dreaming of €100K

I had a dream last night about winning €100K in some competition that Dublin's 98 were running! For the last 7 days I havent been able to remember any of my dreams, I blame the Italian air, nothing much really happened while I was away, Dream wise or real world! But as soon as I came back and went to sleep, I had one of my usual, sometimes weird, dream!

The whole premise behind the competition was simple really. Dermot & Dave would provide clues during their show and from those clues you had to find out what it was and take it to the Stations office. This wasnt that simple, you needed to bring it in person and within a 20 minute time limit. Once you arrived you had to wait for the time limit to expire to give any other listener a chance too. If you were the only person there you win the €100K but if there were others then you all had to answer a series of difficult questions from Declan Pierce & Adrian Barry! The objects were every day items that could be found around the house and not too big or heavy!

So in my dream I am walking down O'Connell Street listening to The Morning Show on my iPhone and Dermot & Dave are giving clues to what the object might be. "It comes in different shapes & sizes" said Dermot, "They have different types of melodies but they all ring" came from Dave. At that point I was guessing a mobile phone and since I had one I started making my way to the station but then Dermot gave a final clue which was "This little thing has been helping people wake up for many years" The answer, An Alarm Clock.

I rushed into the nearest shop with the intention of buying an alarm clock, I dont know what shop it was but when I got in I searched everywhere and eventually found 2 Alarm Clock. As I reached out to take 1 of the clocks another hand reached in and took the other 1, I looked up to see some guy who was staring right back at me, I could tell from the look in his eyes that he had been listening to the Radio and he wanted to win the €100K.

All of a sudden we both snatched the clocks and a race ensued between us. We rushed out of the shop without even paying for the clocks and with no one coming after us for stealing them. Eventually, after what seemed more like an hour of running around the city to get to the office and not 20 minutes, we both stood there, the only 2 to have made it. Along the way there were some mishaps as we both tried to delay each other in some way or anyother, from getting to the station, such as me setting up a large net full of fish to swing by and swipe the other guy into the Liffey or accidently glueing my shoes and having to take them off to finish the race.

Anyway, we were there and we were awaiting Dec & Adrian for the questions to see who would be the winner. I was lucky this was a dream because most of the questions were Rugby related and I have no idea about anything Rugby related in real life but yet in the dream I was fantastic. The questions kept coming and we both kept answering them correctly. Eventually we got a wrestling question which I was able to answer but the other guy wasnt and there was a huge explosion of fireworks as confetti rained down and everyone cheered!

Long Story short, I ended up giving half to the other guy cause it was very close and he put up a good fight for it, then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment